Customs Systems Support Analyst wanted - ZIMRA
Wanted at ZIMRA are Customs Systems Support Analysts. Currently, 4 posts are available.
About The Job
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing day to day level 1 and level 2 user support on customs systems
• Interact with clients and assess business needs using a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks, and cost vs. benefits.
• Produce precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface
design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and develop meat staff.
• Receive errors from users, analyze them, propose solutions, and where necessary engage the other relevant sections to solve the errors.
• Seek opportunities to improve and deepen relationship between ICT and business to ensure that ICT solutions meet user requirements.
• Provide recommendations for business process re-engineering and documentation as needed.
• Attend to business short and long-term planning sessions to enhance understanding of business goals and direction.
• Research and analyze all aspects of business processes to understand their strengths and weaknesses as well as to determine opportunities for improvements.
• Conduct feasibility studies and draft proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers.
• Define and Create/review/approve test ca se scenarios for business users for the various modules.
• Monitor testing process to ensure that all test cases are adequately tested.
• Ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
• Monitor project progress by trading activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing user support and training users.
• Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Developers to estimate project impact.
• Develop training materials and provide training in one-on-one or classroom environment to users.
• Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
• Recommend and institute Business Analysis best practices, methodology and tools.
• Provides input in the preparation and monitoring of sectional budgets where necessary.
• Identify training needs and ensures staff receives training in specialized areas.
• Ensure adherence to the tenets of the Authority's Performance Management System within the section.
• Conduct any other duties as may be assigned.
About The Person Required
Job skills and Competencies
• Self-starter, ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Good organizational, people and time management skills.
• A team player who is innovative and analytical.
• Unquestionable integrity.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business Studies and Computer Science or equivalent.
• IIBAECBA/CCBA/CBAP certification is an added advantage
• ZIMRA -Advanced Certificate in Customs and Taxes procedures is an added advantage
• At least four (4) years working experience in Customs and Excise or working with customs and excise systems, of which at least two (2) years working with the ASYCUDA system.
• Business process management certification and experience an added advantage
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Works well under pressure to meet set deadlines
• Possess strong Business Ethics
• Clean Class 4d rivers license.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, by not later than 25 October 2019, in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the position being applied for.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority 6th Floor ZB Centre Corner First Street/ Kwame Nkrumah Avenue P.O. Box 4360 HARARE