Database Administrator Wanted
Wanted is a Database Administrator Wanted reporting to the Assistant Manager - Systems Development & Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for managing, integrating and maintaining the Bank's databases.
About The Job
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs database optimization, data integrity checks and periodic database maintenance.
• Ensures database security, monitors database space and checks database consistency.
• Provides backup systems on scheduled times to ensure continuity.
• Tests and installs patches and upgrades on databases.
• Ensures server clusters, server disks and volume groups are active and running.
• Creates users and allocates privileges on the server users.
• Tests software upgrade, configuration and patching.
• Resolves end of day processing issues raised by the systems administrators.
• Ensures that the disaster recovery site and servers are running and the backups are done promptly.
• Generates system performance and database usage reports.
• Maintains the server room physical conditions and safety precautions.
• Maintains server room records on incidents, power and environment.
• Establishes rapport with server room vendors and keeps up to date job sheets.
About The Person Required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A degree in Information Systems or equivalent.
• Certification in Sybase Database Administration or equivalent.
• IBM AIX certification or equivalent
• 3 years experience in IT field.
The positions offer attractive remuneration packages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should email their applications accompanied with detailed CVs, proof of qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 1 November 2019. The email subject line should clearly indicate the position applied for.
POSB is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.