Database Analyst wanted- NSSA
Wanted is a Database Analyst reporting to the Systems Development Manager, the successful candidate will design, develop, maintain and secure the Authority's databases and related information.
1. About The Job
• Configuration and setting up of high availability, recovery, security and performance.
• Development and maintenance of database objects for both backend and web applications.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Manage database backup and recovery operations.
• Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing procedures for databases.
• Creation and maintenance of technical documentation. - Development and maintenance of Data Warehouses.
• Development of reports, tools and integration components as required.
• Provide reports on database security, usage and performance.
• Supervision of database and business intelligence developers.
2. About The Person Required
• Bachelor of Computer Science or information systems.
• Database certification is an added advantage.
• 5 years of software and database development experience.
Key Competencies and Characteristics
• Strong experience in SQL, Data modelling and analytics experience.
• Experience in relational database management systems.
• String analytical mind.
• Ability to achieve subject matter expertise quickly on new database technologies.
• Ability to work under pressure.
3. Application details
Interested candidates are invited to email their applications (including CVs) to email@example.com stating the job they are applying for by close of business on Friday, 25 October 2019.
Applications should quote the job title and where applicable the Region where the vacancy is located.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.