Information Technology Coordinator wanted- Plan International
Plan International is looking for an Information Technology Coordinator. Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
About The Job
Information Technology Coordinator (Bulawayo and Kwekwe) - Job Description
Reporting to the Information Technology Lead, the job holder is responsible for coordinating and providing technical support for users; manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems.
- Responsible for IT Service Operation and Support and ensuring resolution of all IT service support requests.
- IT Helpdesk Support and Incident management
- Effective implementation of the IT incident management process.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with the department’s customers, identifying customer needs and ensuring the department is able to meet these needs with an appropriate catalogue of services.
- Defining, analyzing, planning, measuring and improving all aspects of the availability of IT services.
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the organization’s assets, information, data and IT services.
- Identifying, assessing and controlling risks including analyzing the value of assets to the business, identifying threats to those assets, and evaluating how vulnerable each asset is to those threats.
- Provide IT expertise to communities that the organisation works with.
- Provides support in corporate system implementation through related capacity building training interventions
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including but not limited to Safeguarding Policy, Gender Equality Policy, Code of Conduct and mandatory reporting responsibility.
- Ensures that there are protocols and systems to monitor child protection in all issues of information technology
About The Person Required
- A degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Studies with 3 years working experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting Cisco LANs and Active Directory environments.
- Qualifications in Project Management and/or IT Service Management advantageous.
- Exposure in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies
- Knowledge of Child Protection, community participation and partnership
- Capability to coordinate and cooperate within interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving and decision making
- Training and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Team player and promotes high performance by all staff
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan is committed to keeping children safe from abuse, neglect and any forms of exploitation. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Please contact any of the Plan Offices if in doubt.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals.
Location: Zimbabwe (Bulawayo)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 19 October 2019