More people are increasingly using the internet, should you be worried?
It’s no surprise that the rate at which people consumed internet content in 2020 was staggering, it’s no different this year, with companies increasingly moving toward providing key services online, it’s no surprise that there are those that have probably taken advantage of this immense shift for malicious purposes.
The total number of internet users around the world grew by 319 million in the past 12 months, this isn’t just a startling statistic, it’s absolutely true and means we are increasingly prone to internet scams and other security risks associated with connecting our devices to the internet. Here are few ways to stay safe online and ensure you’re always protected:
1. Create complex passwords
2. Boost your network security by downloading antivirus software with internet security built right in.
3. Keep your firewalls on
4. Click smart, ensure you click links that lead you to trusted websites you’re completely sure of
5. Keep up to date, make sure your software is always updated, from your browser to your other applications.
These are some of the steps you can take to protect yourself in an increasingly online world to make sure you and your data are always safe.
Did you know?
1. Healthcare Organizations Are The Number One Cyber Attacked Industry
2. Cybercrime Will Increase The Cybersecurity Workforce Shortage By 2021
3. Employees Are Often Responsible For Poor Cybersecurity Practices
4. The Most Expensive Computer Virus Ever Caused $38.5 Billion In Damages