Systems administrator wanted - Harare (ZIMDEF)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following post that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund (ZIMDEF) — an equal opportunity employer. SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - HARARE
About The Job
Reporting to the ICT Manager, the incumbent will be mainly responsible for the administration of ERP system technical environment, related technologies and applications to ensure maintenance of system performance at optimum levels.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, upgrading and maintenance of SAP ERP systems.
- Performing database administration tasks including backups, restore operations, table space growth monitoring.
- Administering SAP database instances and configuration of SAP printing subsystem.
- Performing SAP client administration tasks.
- Preforming transport management system configuration.
- Providing on-going day-to-day problem resolution, troubleshooting, and support for the ERR
- Supporting of users, authorizations and profiles.
About The Person Required
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Certification in SAP Basis Administration is a distinct advantage
- A minimum of three (3) years progressive hands-on experience in SAP support and administration
- Extensive experience in system builds, support packs, system refresh and performance tuning.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and Windows Operating System.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies, Hyper-V and VMware is required.
- Knowledge of backup and replication Technologies, (Veeam) is desirable.
- Sybase and SQL server skills and experience
- Clean class 4 driver's license
Eligible candidates (female candidates are encouraged to apply) are invited to submit their applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae including certified copies of certificates, and the names of 3 contactable referees under confidential cover not later than 11 October, 2019, to:
Human Capital Development Manager
Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund
18572 Off Mother Patrick Avenue
P. Bag CY7739
NB: Only short listed candidates will be advised.